March 9, 2013 - 8:30 AM
Please arrive early! Over 20,000 people will be trying to park on race morning. Traffic will be heavy.
Important information to know:
- Every particpant will receive a technical shirt!!
- The top 25 women start at 8:24 AM
- The first wave of the 15K starts at 8:30 AM, and the other three will proceed after.
- The starting line is on Gator Bowl Boulevard between the Stadium and Metropolitan Park.
- Portable toilets are located in lot J near the starting line.
- All runners and walker sshould be in position by 8:00 AM.
- There is a Walker Starting Line for the 15K located on Adams Street next to the Memorial Wall.
- Make sure to wear your race number on the front of your clothing. This is the only way to be identified for online pictures.
Walker's Starting Line
There is a Walker Starting Line for the 15K. Walkers (15 minute pace/mile or expected finish of over two hours and thirty minutes) have a separate starting line on Adams Street next to the Memorial Wall, which is located in parking lot J. If you plan on walking the 15K, please mark that on your entry form.
Tips for Race Day Morning
- Arrive early! The later you arrive the heavier the traffic, and you will have to park farther from the starting area.
- If you have your race number on, which has your timing chip on it, you only need to report to the starting line on race morning.
- The majority of the toilets are located near the starting line in lot J at the stadium. The toilets will be near the Pepsi Tailgate zone.
- Bags can be checked near the starting line. The area will be located in lot J at the Red tent.
- Line up in the starting area based on the following:
- Runner's numbers 1 to 300 enter from the front of the starting line.
- 301 to 5000 numbered runners enter the starting line from the back of the fenced area.
- All other runners line up based on when you arrive and based on your anticipated finish. Pace signs will be located along the sides of the starting line to help you select the proper location.
- All walkers must start in the back of the finish line at the walker banners and signs.
All miles will be marked and digital clocks will display the elapsed time at each mile mark. Water Stations and toilets will be located throughout the course, and entertainment will be provided each mile during the race.
Free Race Entry
adidas, the official outfitter of the GATE River Run, is offering a free entry into the 15K. Purchase a pair of adidas shoes or merchandise ($100.00 value) in any of our 1st Place Sports stores by February 18th (or until 500 have been used) and adidas will pay for your entry into the 15K. This offer is limited to the first 500 takers. You can make your purchase at any of the locations listed below.
- 3931 Baymeadows Road, Jacksonville, Fl 32217 (904) 731-3676
- 2016 San Marco Blvd, Jacksonville, Fl 32207 (904) 399-8880
- 2186 Park Avenue, Orange Park, Fl 32073 (904) 264-3767
- 424 South Third Street, Jax Beach, Fl 32250 (904) 270-2221
- 4870 Big Island Drive, Jacksonville, FL 32246 (904) 620-9991
Cash to the top ten men and women as follows: 1st $12,000, 2nd $5,000, 3rd $3,000, 4th $2,000, 5th $1,000, 6th $900, 7th $800, 8th $700, 9th $600,10th $500.
TenBroeck Team Cup
From JTC Running, a new Elite Team Competition. $20,000 purse will be awarded in the team competition as follows: Top 3 overall male and female teams receive $6,000, $3,000, and $1,000.
Equalizer Bonus (First Male or Female):
The top 25 seeded women will start 6 minutes ahead of the rest of the field. The first person (male or female) to cross the finish line will receive a $5,000 bonus. This bonus is based on the difference between the menís and womenís American record for the 15K distance.
World Record Bonus (41:13) (46:57): $10,000
American Record Bonus (42:22) (47:15): $5,000
Course Record Bonus (42:22) (47:15): $3,000
Top three men and women 40 and over:
2nd - $500
3rd - $250
$200 to the first male and female Florida Finisher. Must be a resident of Florida for the past six months.
First Coast Cup
$100 to top male and female. Must be resident of Duval, Clay, Nassau or St. Johns County for the past six months.
Age Group Awards
Top 5 in each of the following 15K age-groups: 13 & under, 14-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79 and 80 & over. Age group awards will be mailed to all winners.
Top Ten Percent Awards
Custom-designed adidas running caps will be given to the top ten percent of male and female finishers. These awards will be distributed at the finish line.
The GATE River Run is proud to present a special custom-designed medal to all 15K finishers. Each 15K finisher will receive their medal in the finish area.